Women often find themselves juggling multiple priorities, navigating the demands of work, family, aging parents, and personal commitments like finances, health, and hobbies. But there’s only so much time and energy one can give. While some may find it difficult to ask for help, achieving more sustainable balance may only be possible by delegating responsibilities.
Below are some items you can feel confident in delegating to your Heritage Financial wealth management team.
1. Introductions to trusted professionals
- Leverage our team’s network of trusted professionals. We have relationships with experienced attorneys, accountants, mortgage brokers, and insurance agents, among others. We can simply share a name or serve as the “quarterback” coordinating your needs directly with them.
2. Assistance with the estate planning process
- When you engage an attorney to create or update your estate plan, we can provide them with a detailed summary of all your financial assets and liabilities.
- Once your estate plan is finalized, you will likely need to make changes to ownership on your accounts and/or beneficiaries. We help by preparing paperwork to re-title account ownership or updating beneficiaries on accounts that we manage on your behalf.
3. Updating your net worth statement
- Extremely important, often overlooked, and eventually much appreciated, we update net worth statements during each client review meeting.
- Our net worth statements provide details of all your financial assets. This is a vital part of financial planning, especially when faced with unfortunate life events such as incapacity or death of a family member.
4. Having financial conversations with your adult children
- Through the Heritage Generations Group, we’ve developed a service offering to provide adult children of our clients a dedicated advisor who is in their similar life stage and can help address issues and concerns relevant to their generation.
- This advisor helps educate them on the basics of personal finance and investing to get them started early on their path to financial independence.
5. Ongoing monitoring
- We actively monitor and rebalance portfolios. We will adjust your portfolio allocations based on current economic and market conditions, or changes to your financial goals.
- For retired clients, we can seamlessly transfer money from your investments to your checking account to help you cover ongoing living expenses.
- For those eligible, we make sure Required Minimum Distributions are taken so you don’t incur costly penalties.
- Our Financial Planning Checklist systematically tracks and monitors over 100 data points relating to retirement planning, asset protection, debt management, social security, estate planning, income tax planning, charitable giving, college savings, and more so you can feel confident that nothing gets stale or goes overlooked.